Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission // April 2014-October 2015

Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 79 - Final letter from Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission

Conference was INCREDIBLE and was much needed this week. The Spirit confirmed to me over and over that the Prophet and Apostles are called of God. I know that Jesus Christ stands at the head of this church and that the gospel is going forth with great power. It's exciting to be a part of as a full time missionary. I chose the following scripture to be the scripture that I will "ponderize" this week...

3 Nephi 9:22 Therefore, whoso repenteth and cometh unto me as a little child, him will I receive, for of such is the kingdom of God. Behold, for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up again; therefore repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved.

This week we felt like knocking a certain street by our apartments. We met a man who told us his roommate used to be LDS. As we were praying the roommate, Tyler, walked in the door. He told us that he had served a mission in Thailand, but did not believe in the gospel any more. We bore testimony, but his heart was too hard to recognize the Spirit. Although he rejected our testimonies I know that God wanted us to be there because of the prayers of his parents and loved ones. Throughout my mission I've been grateful for the opportunities to see just how much God truly loves His children. No matter how far they have strayed, He will continue to reach out in love to them.

D&C 84:88
“And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up….”


The time has actually come, I can't believe it. When I first started my mission it seemed as though it would never end. The words to the hymn "I Stand All Amazed" seem to sum up my feelings right now. I know that God lives. I know that Jesus Christ is his son and my personal Savior. I know that this is the Restored gospel and that Joseph saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and can keep us safe and protected from the adversary so long as we heed it's teachings. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet today and holds all of the Priesthood Keys. I will forever be indebted to my Savior for the opportunity I've had to serve a mission in the Florida Fort Lauderdale mission. I will forever be changed for the better.
I love you all!

I already know that next week will be too crazy for me to focus and type a group email.
See you soon!!!

Sincerely, Sister Matheson
Pics:


A member took us to the beach for a picnic dinner. 

At the Mission Leadership Council meeting 
This is in front of President and Sister Richardson's home in Plantation. 

I got to knock doors for an hour with Sister Anderson on my 18 month mark!
My last time at Tropical Smoothie Cafe.
Us with a Recent Convert in our branch.
At my last District Training.




No comments:

Post a Comment