Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission // April 2014-October 2015

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

WEEK 14

I can't believe I'm done with training. We got transfer calls last night and I'm.......
STAYING IN DAVIE!!! Sadly, Sister Biggs is transfering though. I'll find out tomorrow at Transfer Meeting who my knew Companion is. I'm excited to learn and grow from my knew companionship. I still feel like I have no idea how to be a missionary, but I know that Jesus Christ will be walking beside me.

This week I've been studying about agency. Agency is our ability to choose and is a gift from God. It's such a precious gift that Satan wanted no one to have it in this life. With every choice we make we are ultimately choosing eternal joy or eternal misery. It is OUR choice. God can only do so much, he can provide all the opportunities for us to rely on him, but ultimately we decide whether or not to rely on the Atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ that has been so freely given to us.
 "Therefore, cheer up your hearts, and remember that ye are free to act for yourselves--to choose the way of everlasting death or the way of eternal life."
 (2 Nephi 10:23

I've been reading in Alma when he calls his people to repentance. The people who remained righteous and retained a remission for their sins were the ones who remembered Jesus Christ. 
Choose to Remember Him!!

(One) of the miracles this week:

-We felt prompted to go Harvest on the fourth floor of an apartment complex. We knew that there was a former who lived somewhere in that apartment building, but we weren't sure where. We prayed and asked to be guided to him and WE WERE! We knocked on a door and a woman answered. She declined our prayer, but said that her and her son (the former) had already been to our church. She said he was home but was busy. We left and started saying a gratitude prayer because we had found where he lived. During the prayer we heard the door creak open. We opened our eyes and out walked the former. He introduced himself and we were able to set up a return appointment. 

On Tuesday we met President and Sister Richardson. We met in the chapel and sang Called to Serve as they walked in. They went around and shook every missionary's hand. They are definitely called of God. They are both so excited about missionary work. I'm excited to get to know them more. 

I love you all so much!!!
Hope you have an amazing week and Choose to Remember Him

Sincerely, Sister Matheson

pic 1: Free Books about America and God
pic 2: We had to be in our apartments by 7:30 pm on the fourth of July, but we still got to see the fireworks!! We had a perfect view from our apartment balcony. The show lasted about 30 minutes.
pics 3 & 4: Sister Biggs' last Sunday in the Davie Ward. This is one of our favorite members who feeds us and teaches us how to cook Cuban food. 
pic 5: Sister M
pic 6: My favorite little girl that we go visit. She's the sister of Sister Biggs' recent convert. 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment