Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission // April 2014-October 2015

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Week 15 - I LOVE MY LIFE!!!

I LOVE MY LIFE!!!!!!
It all started with transfer meeting. We sat with our district in our chapel. The AP's announced each area and who would be companions there. Sister Biggs got called as an STL (Obviously because she's amazing). She freaked out and then they read my name next. They said I would be with Sister Nimer and I FREAKED out!!! We were already sitting by each other and we immediately gasped and then hugged. It was great. Everyone was looking at us. 

Sister Nimer is amazing. We're basically the same person in every single way. The only differences between us is that she likes cheetos and I don't. She said she'd teach me to like them though so...we're clones. Every day is like hanging out with my best friend! She graduated the year before me from AF!!! Who knew. I never even met her even though we probs past each other in the hallway multiple times. It was meant to be.
God is SO good to me.
I can't even express in words how grateful I am right now. 

Anyways...

This week I studied in Alma 13. It talks about the Priesthood and how men were foreordained. It made me ponder on why God foreordains people if ultimately we all still have our agency. It helped me realize that God puts his trust in us and has faith that we will do what is right. He has to spiritually create for us to be successful in this life. Likewise, I need to put my faith and trust in our investigators that they will choose to follow Jesus Christ like they did in the premortal existence.

There seems to be a theme each week of what our investigators need to be taught. This week we taught a lot of people about the importance of preparing NOW to meet God. 

"For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors. And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many witnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not procrastinate the day of your repentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherein there can be no labor performed." 
(Alma 34:32-33).

Sometimes as a missionary it's hard to see people you love decide to not do anything about what you've been teaching them. You know how much this will bless their life and you know the solution to helping them be free from all of their sorrows. Sometimes they decide not to listen because they are content. I've decided that no matter how many people say no I'll "cry repentance" to all that can hear because the times that people DO listen make up for the times that they don't. If I know that I've done all that I can to warn them then I've done what God wants me to do and I find joy in that. 

Yesterday Jesus received the priesthood!!! They called his name in sacrament meeting and he stood up so that the congregation could sustain him. One of the happiest moments of my life. I felt like a proud mom or something. He's amazing!

On Wednesday we felt prompted to check up on a former. They weren't home and we were a little confused as to why we had driven all the way to her apartment. As we were leaving we saw a women outside her apartment smoking. We walked right up to her and asked if we could pray. She said that she was in a lot of pain because she had cancer and it was really bad. We prayed with her and afterwards testified that Jesus Christ had sent us. She said "I'm a Jew, but I know that God sent you here. I'm not sure why, but this was not a coincidence". 

Let's just say that being a Sister Missionary is my favorite thing in the world and I love all the names people call me (no sarcasm): Sisters, Sistren, Nuns, Sister Wives, and my favorite...Eld-ettes. 

Also, we were Harvesting yesterday and we met a guy from Argentina. He was YSA age. He said he was watching the end of the World Cup, but prayed with us anyways. Sister Nimer said the prayer and then afterward I asked him how he felt. He said, "I got the chills..." then I told him that that was the spirit. We started teaching him about the gospel, and about the YSA ward. He asked if we would be there and we told him there were other missionaries who attended that congregation. He said "oh man..." and then when we shook his hand to leave he said, "woah woah girls. Not so fast. Would it be ok if I took a picture with you. You are just the prettiest girls." Then we felt awkward and he came over and took a selfie with us...yeah that happened. He said we were like angels.
What the??....memories. 

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!! 

pic 1: My MTC companion (Sister Gardner) and her trainer Sister Nimer at transfer meeting...little did I know that a few minutes later we would be made companions.
pic 2: A member in our ward was going to meet us at this Cuban restaurant for dinner. They stood us up/got caught up in a meeting so we decided to stay and eat anyway. The fried green plantains were AMAZING!!
pic 3: Sister Nimer and I were Harvesting our first day together. We prayed with this man who said he was born again. Right after the prayer he said, "hold on a minute" and walked inside. He came back with two "million dollar bills" (fake) with the gospel on the back. I love Florida. 
 pics 4-6: Sister Nimer and I, loving being comps!


 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment