Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission // April 2014-October 2015

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Week 68-Instruments in His hands

I have to say, I'm surprised about transfers. I'm grateful and excited, however, to be STAYING IN PORT ST. LUCIE for at least another six weeks. Sister Tui got transferred. I'm especially excited because our investigator Dylon is getting BAPTIZED this Friday. As we taught him the lessons he accepted everything, but when we got to the Word of Wisdom, he began to justify. As we were bold and loving, he prayed about it and realized that it really was a commandment from God. It showed me the importance of receiving a personal witness for all of God's commandments. When we do that, then we are more converted to our commitment to keep those commandments and we are more deeply changed.

We also received a referral for a woman named Jessica. As we visited with her and taught her, her desire to attend church increased. She brought her two children and her niece to church on Sunday and said that she felt like she was home. It's amazing how God prepares people.

I read in the Isaiah chapters of the Book of Mormon. They continue to be difficult for me to understand, but as I prayed to be able to learn at least one thing and be able to apply it in my life, God answered. One verse in particular that stood out to me was  2 Nephi 20:15

 "Shall the ax boast itself against him that heweth therewith? Shall the saw magnify itself against him who shaketh it? As if the rod should shake itself against them that lift it up, or as if the staff should lift up itself as if it were no wood!"

I learned that, just as the ax, saw, or staff, we are completely reliant on God. We are merely the instruments in His hands and He is the one in charge. When we humble ourselves and submit our will, that is when we can be made into an effective instrument in His hands.
The highlight of my week was going down to the Ft. Lauderdale Temple on Friday for the sealing of Rose and Robert. They got baptized one year ago in the Pines ward, and President gave us permission to attend their sealing. It was the first sealing that I have attended and it was simple and elegant. I also got to see my "baby" Sister Anderson. 

PICS:









No comments:

Post a Comment