Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission // April 2014-October 2015

Monday, July 27, 2015

Week 69 - The fruit of our labors

My new companion is SISTER BRISCO! She is from Arizona and has been on her mission for three months...
yes, I'm "greenie breaking" again!!! I'm really excited. 

This week was one of those sweet, rare, weeks when you see a little bit of the fruit of your labors. Dylon, our eighteen year old investigator who referred himself, entered the waters of baptism. The change in him was remarkable as he received the Holy Ghost. In his blessing he was blessed that he would have the opportunity of sharing the gospel with many and going on a mission. He was also blessed that he would have the opportunity to be married and sealed for time and all eternity. It is a sweet moment when those you've loved and taught except the gospel and are CHANGED because of it. I know he will do great things.

Our Recent Convert, Sharon, has been working on helping her fiance become active again in the church. She said that they have gospel discussions multiple times a day. This week while we were visiting with Sharon, Tom came to us and asked if the Elders would be willing to give him a priesthood blessing in order for him to stop smoking. He received a blessing on Sunday and the Spirit was very strong! We also had ANOTHER recent convert share his testimony and experience of when he quite smoking. It's a beautiful thing to see Recent  Converts sharing THEIR testimonies of the joy the gospel has brought them. 

This transfer I really want to help the members in their missionary work. Sometimes the members underestimate the power and influence they have in sharing the gospel. In Chapter 13 of Preach My Gospel is explains the process of coming up with a Ward Mission Plan. It's something you can create for your families as well, a Family Mission Plan! With a vision, goals, and plans to share the gospel. I encourage you to create one for FHE. Sharing the gospel brings so many blessings and joy so if you're going through a hard time, SHARE THE GOSPEL! I know it will help. 

D&C 18:16 "And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!" 

Let me share with you all a wonderful quote from Elder Hale, in our most recent General Conference… 
“How we live our religion, is far more important, than how we speak of our religion”….


I love you all! 
Sincerely, Sister Matheson
PICS:
Last P-Day with Sister Tui
Dylon awkwardly put his arm around me right before the picture was taken...
he wouldn't take another one so just ignore that...
A member took us out to dinner. Elder D'Addabbo from my MTC district is now my District Leader.





No comments:

Post a Comment