Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission // April 2014-October 2015

Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 77

This week was a rather rough week. Our solid investigator, Ramish, called us and told us that he "wasn't feeling it any more". He didn't give any further explanations when we inquired, however, he did seem sad to discontinue meeting with us. We're praying that he'll have a change of heart. Our other investigators dropped us as well, but Sunday night we had a great lesson with a potential we had met during the week. Kim and her son Kyle were a little skeptical of the religion at first, not understanding that we were indeed Christian, but after bearing simple testimony they agreed to at least listen to the first lesson. We brought a member a long and as we taught the Restoration and focused on the Book of Mormon the Spirit filled the room and they accepted baptism for the tenth of October. It was a tender mercy from God after all of our investigators dropping us.

From President Richardson's email:

Scripture to Ponder…
DE&C 16: 4-6
4 For many times you have desired of me to know that which would be of the most worth unto you.
5 Behold, blessed are you for this thing, and for speaking my words which I have given unto you according to my commandments.
6 And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen.

A thought I wanted to share with you, from one of you …
This past week in my scripture study of the Book of Mormon, I have been pondering what Jacob spoke when he said in Jacob 4:10….”Wherefore, brethren, seek not to counsel the Lord, but to take counsel from his hand. For behold, ye yourselves know that he counseleth in wisdom, and in justice, and in great mercy, over all his works”...

I love you all, I love the Lord, I love this work, I thank my Heavenly Father every day for the opportunity He has given me to serve him here in South Florida. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that we have a living prophet on the earth today and as we listen and heed his words we will be protected.


Mosiah 15:11


MUAHHH


Sincerely, Sister Matheson


Found this giraffe while knocking
We saw a peacock just walking in the street!



While on exchanges in my old area 
the Hurst family found us as we were walking.
They pulled over and the girls walked with us to our next appointment. 




No comments:

Post a Comment