Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission // April 2014-October 2015

Monday, October 27, 2014

Week #30 Heeyyyyy Happy (early) Halloween!!!

Everything's good in the hood of Pines...It's actually such a wealthy area that we were able to teach a lesson to a woman who lived in a multi-million dollar house. It was crazy. I felt like I was at a resort the whole time. She was actually very receptive though. She had talked to a woman on an airplane coming from UT. The woman talked to her all about the church and then referred the woman that we taught. She was very interested because she had visited UT and thought it was such a nice place.
You never know what kind of seeds you could plant on an airplane.
 
On Wednesday we had an interesting day. We helped one of our members paint some walls in her house. It was good fun, but she lived so far away and we had to bike all the way to her house. Hey, it was good exercise though. Later that night, after biking all the way back and all over town I was so tired. I just wanted to quite, but there's no way we could. We knocked a couple more doors right before heading home and I'm so glad we did. The last door we knocked on was a young single mom. She accepted the prayer and let us in her house. She was crying and telling us how hard her life had been. After the prayer I was in tears too and we invited her to be baptized. Without hesitation she accepted and said we could come back the next day. We've taught her a few times and she's been reading the Book of Mormon. It was such a tender mercy from God.
After pushing through what I thought was my limit, we were able to see miracles.
 
Yesterday we had Stake Conference. It was all focused on keeping our covenants and preparing to go to the temple. One of the counselors in the Stake Presidency said something that I would like to share with you. He said, "Make sure you always have your CTR with you....
Current Temple Recommend". 
Isn't that awesome? I had never thought of that before.
 
During Stake Conference we got a text from a less active woman whom we had never met before. She asked us what time the service was because she wanted to come. We told her that it had already started, but that we would love to come over and share a prayer with her. She said that was perfect because she had a 12 year old son whom she wanted to get baptized. WHAT?!?!?! Sister Furner and I just looked at each other in shock!!! We couldn't believe it! We went over after the Conference and met them both. We were able to teach about the restoration and set him with a date for baptism. God is too good.
He definitely will provide a way even when it seems impossible.
 
I love you all.
Thank you for all of your prayers and missionary work that you do.
Remember to always have your CTR with you!
 
Sincerely, Sister Matheson
 
 
Gotta love all the green in Florida. This is our "Jurassic Park Exploration" 
 
 
Leaves actually do change in Florida....or not
 
I got all the high painting jobs because I'm tall..
 
This is a picture that a little girl drew of me...It's creepily identical.
 
We teach every creature...
 
I wrote about this woman in my last email.
This week she took us out to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner
and spoiled us rotten.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment