Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission // April 2014-October 2015

Monday, May 11, 2015

Week 58

It was so good to see your beautiful faces yesterday for Mother's Day. 
I must say, I have a pretty amazing family. I don't know why God has blessed me so much. 

We found out that our miles that we have to drive got cut by 400 so we have been biking every single day. It's a good time. 

This week Christian got BAPTIZED!!! It was nothing on our part because he had been investigating the Church for over two years. He had to wait until he was eighteen to get baptized so this last week was finally the time for him to do it. He was so excited for this long-awaited day. His non-member family came to support him and we got to meet them as well. It was great to see the Cultural Hall filled with members from two different wards who had been a part of his Conversion story. 

We also had the oportunity to contact a referral from a member. When we knocked on her door, she seemed very busy. She declined the prayer at first because she said her house was a mess. We offered to help her clean and organized and she was a bit confused. She asked, "how much?". We explained that it would be free, of course, and that we'd love to share more about the Gospel as well. She agreed so on Saturday we spent a good chunk of time cleaning their garage with them. Throughout our time there, Milly asked us questions about the Church and then we were able to share a message with her. It was a great experience to see how service can soften people's hearts. 

This week I studied 3 Nephi when Jesus appeared to the people in the Americas. It was wonderful to read how simply and powerfully Jesus Christ established the Church through calling Nephi and his Apostles. Because the people had a simple DESIRE to believe and a DESIRE for Him to stay, he was able to perform miracles and pray in there behalf. How powerful would that be to have Jesus Christ pray for you? Well, as representatives of Him, we have the opportunity to pray for people as well. This week I want to make sure that I am even more intune with the Spirit so that the people we pray with can feel that Spirit as well. 

I'm so grateful for the Scriptures and the power they are in my life. 
I truly know that The Book of Mormon is the most correct book on the earth. 
The Word of God is the only thing that will help us endure the distractions and temptations of the adversary.
READ THE BOOK! TAKE MORONI'S PROMISE AND TRY IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!

oh...And I love you all so very much. Muahhh

Sincerely, Sister Matheson


Pictures:
Lunch with the District today

 Just another day in Florida...




My favorite Asian.

Story of my life.

Christian is the one standing next to me...
who accidentally put his arm on my shoulder. HA

Dinner break at a park.


No comments:

Post a Comment