Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission // April 2014-October 2015

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Week 60 Happy Memorial Day everyone!!!!

I hope you enjoyed the long weekend. We saw some great miracles on that day...

Yesterday we met an amazing woman named Stacy! She invited us right into her home even though her family was celebrating Memorial Day. She accepted church, a return appointment, and BAPTISM!!! After we invited her she said, "Yes, of course. What do I need to do to prepare for it". We ended up teaching her the restoration and she shared her desire to change her life with us. I am so excited to go back and teach her tomorrow!

While knocking doors this week we knocked into a man who invited us in right away. He introduced us to his wife and we were a bit confused at first. We asked her if she was a member and she said, "yes, that's why I thought you were here". We shared a short message and asked her why she had not been to church over the years. She explained that she was already so blessed by God that she didn't need to go to church; that church was in her heart...? It pained my soul to see someone so blessed forget the source from which those blessings came. 

I read in the book of Mormon when Mormon leads the Nephite army in battle even though they are not repentant. They people are filled with so much pride that they attempt to fight without the help of the Lord. Ultimately they are destroyed and experience many trials because they were not willing to repent. Sometimes we can become just like that when we are too prideful to go back to the basics: "Church, pray, and read". 

We were knocking doors on Wednesday and I noticed, what I thought was, a dog sitting in a cage. I was confused when it didn't bark after knocking the door. Then i realized that it was a giant PIG!!! I pulled Sister Abad over to the window and said, "that is literally a pig. It's LITERALLY a pig!!!" I couldn't believe it. 

I also gave a talk on Sunday. The topic was how we can strengthen our Testimony in the Savior. I shared Nephi's experience when he desired to know for himself what the tree of life meant. Right when I said that he was taken away into a vision by the Holy Ghost when a song from the "Phantom of the Opera" came blaring through the speakers. I didn't know what to do so I just said, "Yeah, just like that.". Everyone was laughing. 

I love you all!!!

Sincerely, Sister Matheson

Pics:


The best Latin food of my life!!!
I ate an oyster...never again!!!
I repeat...never again!
Family from our ward. *They have the cutest little down syndrome girl*.
Meet the weird Sand Hill Cranes that wander around up here.


No comments:

Post a Comment