Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission // April 2014-October 2015

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Week 62 Transfer results......

I'M STAYING!!! Sister Abad is being transferred though. 
Tomorrow is our transfer meeting so I will find out then who my nuevo companero will be!

This week we had an amazing miracle. A woman who is engaged to a less active member had contacted the Elders for a Priesthood blessing when she was in the hospital. After the blessing, the Spirit was so strong that she was in tears and wanted to know more. She then was referred to us. We met her this week and she was SO prepared. She had read from the Plan of Salvation pamphlet three times and was already in 1 Nephi 3. As we met with her and taught her the first three lessons throughout the week she expressed her desire to be baptized. Even though she has a hard time getting around, she came to all three hours of church on Sunday and told everyone that she was hoping to get baptized this month. When God prepares people, he REALLY prepares them. 

I also finished reading the Book of Mormon again. I love the epistle that Mormon wrote to his son Moroni. 
I am so grateful for the sacred truths that Moroni included, especially the Sacrament prayer. 
Our investigator, Sharon, told us that when she partook of the Sacrament she immediately felt peace and comfort. 

In Relief Society we were challenged to spend 24 hours as though the Savior were beside us, hearing our every thought. 
Sister Abad and I attempted to do this yesterday and it was much more difficult than I had previously thought. 
It was a great way to introspect and identify the areas in which I need to improve. 
I challenge you all to do the same. Go longer if you can. It will change your life for the better. 

Sincerely, Sister Matheson
Pics:
Sister Abad and I put together a "funeral" for Sister Ulin because she is going home this week. 
It was her last District Training.





Sister Abad and a crazy squirrel that tried to attack us. Wildlife man...



No comments:

Post a Comment