Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission // April 2014-October 2015

Monday, June 15, 2015

Week 63

First of all, Happy (early) Father's Day Daddy! I love you so much and I'm so blessed that God gave me you as a Dad.
I am so glad that you were the first person to greet me when I came to earth. :)
Thank you for all that you taught me and the example you've been in living the gospel. Love you!!

My new companion is....SISTER TUIOLEMOTU!!! (Say that five times fast). We just call her Sister Tui.
She is Samoan and lived in Hawaii most of her life. She is awesome and I'm excited to learn from her this transfer. 

This week we really struggled to find new investigators, but the Lord still blessed us for going out and knocking doors every day. We had been praying to find a family of four and God blessed us with something better. While knocking with a member we met a woman named Angel. She let us into her home and brought her son to join us for the prayer. After the prayer she told us that she had been baptized into the Church six years ago along with her son. She had recently moved here and stopped going to church. She also got married and has a daughter who was never baptized. She agreed to have us over for a Family Home Evening this next week. 

We incountered a lot of "Athiests" this week. Their reasonings behind their belief that God doesn't exist was always so vauge. It seemed as though they had not been diligent in their quest to find God and chose the easier path: Not believing in him.
My amazing companion shared this scripture with them and I want to share it with you.

"Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend."

Sincerely, Sister Matheson
Pics:
Saying goodbye to Sister Abad

 Transfer Meeting
 Sister Furner (one of my old comps) trained her



We found a baby turtle while biking



We're cute...
 




No comments:

Post a Comment