Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission // April 2014-October 2015

Monday, August 10, 2015

Week 71 Getting Creative



This week we have been getting very creative in our finding efforts. We drew out the plan of Salvation with chalk at a park. I was wondering why I felt prompted to do that until we saw one of my former investigators there. She didn't accept a return appointment, but I know that god wanted us to be there to remind her of the truthfulness of the gospel. We also tried different door approaches such as holding up a Book of Mormon and asking them if they'd ever seen the book before. A lot of people actually responded that they had seen it before and we were able to hand out a couple of Books of Mormon. And yes, I have been practically running door to door. Bless my companion's heart...

We've been struggling to find new investigators who progress past the first lesson. I know that God will provide someone for us as we stay diligent. That has been the theme of my studies this past week in the Book of Mormon. No matter how long the people are in bondage, God always provides a way for them to be freed and repent. Ammon finding Limhi and his people in Mosiah is a great example of that. Enos 1:4 is also an example, 

"And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yeah, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens."

It doesn't matter how long it takes for God to deliver us, just that he DOES. And I know that he does. 

We went on exchanges this week and I got to work in the other Sister's area. At the meal appointment the members told us the greatest/most cheesy Book of Mormon joke. Enjoy...

"Why did the Lamanites have sore knees? 
Because of all the NEPHITES (knee fights)!".....badum bum

Love you all! 

Sincerely, Sister Matheson

p.s. I saw a real life alligator for the FIRST TIME!!! It was just a little 2.5 feet one in a pond, but still! I'm a true Floridian now.

Pictures:
Buffets are not our friends.... 
We knocked doors with a Sister from our ward and her four year old. 
The four year old even said one of the prayers and insisted on knocking all the doors and 
giving everyone cards. People were actually nice to us for a change...haha

We found a bay in our area!

Dinner appointments with Larry 


We found an "Exchange" street on our exchange!





No comments:

Post a Comment