Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission // April 2014-October 2015

Monday, September 8, 2014

Week 23- The law of compensation

Heyyyy!!!
 
This week I learned just how real the law of compensation is.
One of our really solid families that we were teaching dropped us because they got anti-ed. We were pretty down about it and then we had an amazing lesson with our other investigator. Her Brother was at her house the day before and agreed to be baptized. Yesterday when we went over to her house to teach her, her good friend was there and agreed to be baptized as well. We got two new investigators and two dates all through our one solid investigator. It was such a blessing. They are excited to come to church next week and already made plans to come to our ward activity this upcoming Saturday. Latoya is so funny. During our lesson with her and Steve we were talking about baptism. She asked how old he was when he got baptized in the Catholic church. He said he thought he was about 6. She turned to us and said, "Just keep it real with him." Then turning to Steve she said, "your baptism did not count.
You need to be baptized again." haha 
This transfer my testimony of the Atonement has deepened more than ever before.
I read 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 this week and I loved it!!!
 "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak,
then am I strong."
It's inevitable that hard times will come when we are on the Lord's side. In those hard times I learn the most. I am incredibly grateful for every hard time that comes with being a disciple of Christ and a missionary. When I have no strength left, when I can't go any farther, that is when I feel the Savior carry me. That is when I learn who the Savior is to ME. 
I read a talk by John Bytheway this week. One of my favorite quotes from it is "God already knows what we're made of, but perhaps He wants us to learn what we're made of."
I read about Samuel the Lamanite this week in the Book of Mormon. He climbs on the wall to cry repentance to the people and only some are converted. As he continues to testify to them they begin to cast stones and shoot arrows at him. He stays strong, however, and is not hit. "Now when they saw that they could not hit him, there were many more who did believe on his words, insomuch that they went away unto Nephi to be baptized". (Helaman 16:3). It was because of his faith during adversity that they were changed. This made me ponder on how I react in times of trial. How are people influenced by my example during those times? I hope that I can help others see how truly merciful God is even during hard times. I've never been happier in my mission than when I get to learn from all of the hard times.  
Yesterday the Elder's invited us to eat breakfast with them at the church. They said they were making pancakes on the "skittle".
HAHAHA and I thought I was blonde!
Whenever we have a hard week, Sister Wood buys me a strawberry smoothie from Olive Garden.
If you haven't had one yet, GO! NOW! TRY IT! ENJOY IT! TREAT YO SELF! 
I love you all. REMEMBER that the God is a merciful God even in times of Trial. His plan for us is a plan of HAPPINESS. Have faith in that. Trust in him.
LOVE YOU!!!!!

Sincerely, Sister Matheson
 
Pic 1:Latoya put the pictures of Jesus Christ
and the Temple in a frame right after we gave them to her.
It was the cutest thing, I had to take a picture of it. 
 
 Pic 2: Florida Sunsets...
Pic 3: Strawberry Smoothies at Olive Garden
 This family in our ward is so kind. They just moved in and they're already taking care of us. The mom cut our hair (amazingly) and went out to Ross and picked out the CUTEST clothes for Sister Wood and I. They really take care of us and feed us. They are a blessing from God. We finally feel like girls again and not just ugly Sister Missionaries. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment