Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission // April 2014-October 2015

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M 5 MONTHS OLD TODAY!!!
Time is so weird here. I can't even explain it.
This week was good. We recovered just fine from our scary incident last week. We dropped Sister Donald off at President's house on Tuesday and then Sister Wood and I realized that I was the Senior comp...yikes!! haha it was great though. Sister Wood is such an amazing missionary and we're already best friends. Everyday is a party even when it's a hard day. I couldn't have gotten through this week without her.
We haven't been able to work a lot in our area because of Sister Wood's hurt knee. (KEEP HER IN YOUR PRAYERS PLEASE!!!). We had faith that God would compensate as we did all we could do and put our trust in him. On Thursday we were have a pretty rough day when we got a miracle phone call. The Spanish Sisters told us thank you for a referral that we had given them. We met the woman on Transfer Day and she seemed pretty interested. When the Sisters went to see her she was really excited to hear from them. She accepted baptism as well as 3 of her family members. Sister Wood and I started crying because we had been feeling like we weren't making a difference. God made it so that the work could go on. 
We also had amazing Chapel tour with our investigator, Latoya. She loved it! We were worried that her ride wasn't going to bring her to church on Sunday, but after Sacrament meeting we looked up and she had come over to say hi. She sneaked into the back and we hadn't seen her. She loved church and all the people. She was signing up for everything and getting flyers to hand out to her friends about our Ward's Chili cook off. She's amazing. 
I just feel like sharing some of my favorite scriptures that pretty much explain our week. 
"Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God and for his arm to be revealed." (D&C 123:17)
 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, as I said unto my disciples, where two or three are gathered together in my name, as touching one thing behold, there will I be in the midst of them--even so am I in the midst of you. 
Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.
Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail. 
Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.
Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not. 
 
Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heave. Amen."
(D&C 6:32-37)

Story Time:
Apparently there was gossip about us going around the ward that we went to the hospital and that Sister Donald was super sick. Where did they get that...? haha probably because it was mostly true. The bishop got up in Sacrament meeting to assure the ward members that the rumors were false. Too bad he didn't ask us first because they really were true. Oh well.
What they don't know won't hurt 'em. We didn't feel like correcting him hahah.
It's like a Utah ward. 

I love you all!
Thank you for your prayers and your support.
Help out the missionaries wherever you are.
God will bless you. 

Sincerely,
Sister Matheson
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment