Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission // April 2014-October 2015

Monday, September 15, 2014

Week #24

I don't even know where to begin........
Friday Sister Wood got a call from Sister Richardson. She told her that she would be going home the next day (Saturday) for a scope surgery and then returning once she recovers. We were both so sad, but we knew it was the right thing. Friday night we went over to our Investigators house and she taught us how to make Jamaican food. It was SO GOOD!!! I'm so excited to make it for you all when I get back and blow your minds.

Saturday we met at Presidents house and dropped her off. I went with another companionship of Sisters in my district and she went on her way. :( My new companions are Sister Furner and Doman. They are amazing. We're covering both areas now. Their area is a very wealthy area with a lot of gated communities. Their apartment is so nice as well. It should be fun!
I guess I'm just meant to be in Trios.
They're a party though so I'm not even mad!
 
This is my email to President this week:
"We saw amazing miracles this week with the combination of Pines and Davie South. Our solid investigator didn't answer her phone at all Sunday morning. I was worried that she had slept in when we didn't see her at church. Sister Doman and I were sitting in the back as the Sacrament started when I looked up and saw her walk in with her little boy. They came JUST in time to receive the Sacrament. We couldn't stop smiling!!!

Our numbers were really struggling, but yesterday we were able to work really hard and get them up to par. We did a split with a member and got 14 Harvest blessings in 1 hour in order to reach our goal of 15! We got creative and did lessons over the phone and everything. Right before I was going to text in our numbers for the week the phone rang. It was one of our Investigators in Davie and we were able to set him with a baptismal date right then. We had been just one short of reaching standards for dates, but the Lord provided a way. We have the faith that we will see amazing miracles this coming week as we put our trust in the Lord and work our hardest. I know that we can reach standards in both areas. (1 Nephi 3:7)

One of my favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon this week was 

"Then, my brethren, ye shall reap the rewards of your faith, and your diligence, and patience, and long-suffering, waiting for the tree to bring forth fruit unto you." (Alma 32:43)

Even when we are doing all we can and don't seem to see the "rewards of [our] faith", God provides a way. Every time. "

I love you all!!!

Sincerely, Sister Matheson

pics:
Ft. Lauderdale Zone!

 
Latoya
 
Cooking
 
 
Sister Wood and I
 
 
 
 
My new companions!!!!!
 
 Driving the A.P.'s van!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment