Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission // April 2014-October 2015

Monday, December 22, 2014

Week 38 Merry Christmas from Florida!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!     !FELIZ NAVIDAD! (not that I'm a Spanish Sister or anything)
 
Funny story, when it get's into the 60's I'm actually cold. 
We whip out our jackets, scarves, etc. I guess I'm really acclimatized.
 
This week we have so many meal appointments planned. 
I'm already full just thinking about it. The members really spoil us here. 
We have already have several members come up and give us presents. 
So don't worry, we're being taken care of.
 
This weeks email is going to be pretty short because nothing really exciting happened. We're making some good progress with going through the ward list and gaining their trust. This week we actually had 1 Rescue! YAY! It was one of the young men in our ward who has been struggling with his testimony. We're planning on taking him out to Harvest this week. The Lord is definitely compensating for our efforts. We got an amazing referral last night from some other missionaries. We are going to be meeting with him tonight.
 
We sang in our ward choir yesterday for the Christmas program. Sister Anderson and I sang a duet at the beginning of a song and I was SO nervous, but it turned out ok. I've never thought of myself as a good singer so it's actually surprising to me how much we're asked to sing. Missionary life man... I was actually the only alto so that was awk.
 
I read a scripture in the Book of Mormon that stood out to me because of what I've been going through.
 
"For, behold, I have refined thee. I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction." 
 (1 Nephi 20:10)
 
I will forever be grateful to my Father in Heaven for all of the trials that He allows me to go through. I know that they are for my experience and growth. 
It's in those times of trial that our character is defined. 
It is in our times of trial that we can understand more fully who the Savior really is for us.
 
I love you all so much. 
I hope you have an amazing Christ centered Christmas and ENJOY THE SNOW!!!
 
Sincerely, Sister Matheson
 
pics:
Our STL's (Sister Training Leaders) took us to Hollywood Beach 
last P-day to walk on the boardwalk. It was SO beautiful!!!


 
One of our members took us to a Venezuelan bakery for lunch and I tried Malta. 
I guess it's kind of like Root Beer, but it has a molasses taste to it. I liked it. 
We also had Arepas which is a four thing filled with cheese and beef. SO GOOD!
 


I've been giving the CTR rings out like candy. The kids in the ward LOVE them. 
I gave one to this little boy (In the next set of pictures) and he said,
 "awww you shouldn't have". hahaha
 


We loved our Gingerbread kit! 



No comments:

Post a Comment