Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission // April 2014-October 2015

Monday, December 29, 2014

Week 39 Happy New Year!!!!! (almost....)

This Christmas was by far one of my most favorite Christmas's. I've never felt so spoiled and loved. Thank you everyone who sent their love my way. It was much appreciated! 
I also loved getting to SEE your faces.

We were WELL fed this week. We had a Latin meal on Christmas Eve (Rice, beans, yucca, pork,), an American meal (Turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, fruit salad) on Christmas, and a Jewish 'Kosher' meal Christmas night. (Matso ball soup, Kasha, and something else I don't remember. At our last meal appointment I was walking out to the back patio when I slipped on some water and went straight down! I grabbed the chair as I fell and everyone was so concerned but I was fine! haha just me being clumsy old me!

This week was a really slow week. At the beginning of the week we did really good at visiting Less Active members. Unfortunately we were visiting a lot of members who had been sick with a 'bug' that had been going around the ward.  By the end of the week I got very sick. Our District Leader came down and gave me a blessing. I immediately started feeling a little better and the next day I was feeling quite a bit better. The sad thing was that Sister Anderson then got sick so we weren't able to work a lot in our area.

During our down time I was able to read and reflect on the scriptures as well as watch the Restoration DVD. My mom actually sent me a scripture attached to each Christmas present and one of them stuck out to me. It was Matthew 17:20

" . . . If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."

Something I felt like sharing with anyone who is reading this was an experience I had on Sunday. I have really been struggling this past week and if I'm being honest, these past couple transfers. I had been praying so fervently that I would receive an answer to my prayers at church. We always tell our investigators that if they come to church with a specific question then IT WILL BE ANSWERED! I decided to try it out myself. In church one of the High Council men quoted Winston Churchill,
"Never give up. Never, never give up."  Whether It's on God, the ones we love, or ourselves, "Never give up"!!! That was definitely an answer to my prayers.

I also read in Moroni 7 and felt like Heavenly Father was talking to me! 
This week my testimony of God's love for me grew even deeper. 
I know he loves us; He knows us; He hears our prayers. His love for us is so real! 
And that is the greatest thing I could've received this Christmas Season.

I love you all and hope you make the most of your.....2015!!!!!

Sincerely, Sister Matheson

pics

-Christmas Eve

-Yes, It was really 94 Degrees...

  I got myself an Olaf shirt for my Christmas Pajamas:)



Christmas morning oatmeal tradition!
 
  -Skyping with the Family!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment