Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission // April 2014-October 2015

Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 49-One of the biggest miracles of my mission!

I LOVE THIS TRIO!!!!! 

WE BAPTIZED THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
This week was so amazing! Having the opportunity to teach with the Hollywood Hills Sisters has been a tender mercy. Despite the fact that NO HABLO ESPANOL. ( I don't speak Spanish...) All of the lessons were in Spanish and I just sat there like, "wow, I wish I knew what was going on". Hahaha
 
They would look at me and I would say, "Yo se que es verdad". Which means "I know that is true". Then they would procede with the lesson. Muy awkward. I'm not an HERMANA!!! However, we were in a lesson and I felt the Spirit so strongly tell me to bare my testimony. I shared what little I knew in Spanish and I know it was only because of the Gift of Tongues because the man I bore my testimony to FELT IT! (wow...I'm using a lot of capitals...Can you tell I'm excited about this week?:) ) 
 
 As we taught Julia this week I knew that the Emergency Transfer and trio was what God wanted to happen. On Thursday we had a lesson with Julia and Jesus (my recent convert who is her son). They told us that they had gone to the doctor the day before to figure things out for her chemo. When they got to the doctors office they had not yet done the paperwork for her so they returned the next day. They THEN found out that there was a problem with her insurance so the Chemo therapy would be moved to MONDAY!!! It was definitely an answer to our prayers. She was then able to see the Sacrament twice and be baptized yesterday as well as receive the Holy Ghost. Now she will have that peace and comfort as she goes through her treatment.
 God definitely wanted all three of us to be there for Julia's baptism. It has been one of the biggest miracles of my mission. At the Baptism she got up, without even being asked to, and bore her testimony. She told the story of how the Sisters met her and how I was the first one to find her and baptize her son. Then Jesus said, "That's the girl that saved my life"(Pointing at me). Seeing families be united in the gospel is one of my favorite things about being a missionary.
I've loved learning from the example of Alma and Amulek in the scriptures. They were so united in their purpose that the people felt the power of the Spirit. When people tried to trick Amulek he taught simple doctrine rather then address their concern and the people were confounded.  I learned the importance of teaching simply and powerfully rather than teaching to convince.
 
Funny Story: I was backing Sister Torralba up and the Elders that serve in the Spanish ward with us were we parked behind our car. I guess She didn't see me tell her to stop and she backed right into the front left side of their car. 
HAHAHA it was so bad. Muy MUY mal!!!
 
Love you all!
 
Sincerely, Sister Matheson
 
pic: 
Julia's baptism


 
Our District picture...minus Sister Montague.


Ward Luau



 More Fun in the Trio





 

No comments:

Post a Comment