Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission // April 2014-October 2015

Monday, March 23, 2015

Week 51

My new companion is Sister Morrow! This is her 3rd transfer so I'm "greenie breaking" again. She's amazing. She is from Centerville UT and just the sweetest thing.This week as Sister Morrow and I got to work, a spirit of reassurance poured over me of how well my Father in Heaven knows me. I know that we are supposed to be companions. I have already learned so much from her dedication, obedience, and diligence. This is going to be a great transfer filled with great things.
We had an amazing temple visit on Wednesday night with our investigators Felicia and her daughter Niarobi. From the moment they stepped out of their car they were taking pictures of the temple and commenting on how beautiful it was. Our amazing members assisted us in giving the tour and afterwards we taught them about the Law of Chastity. Felicia is so set on being baptized and doing what God wants of her that she said that she would definitely talk to her boyfriend about getting married. Felicia and Niarobi came to church on Sunday and were welcomed with the warm embracing arms of the members. 
The Young Women leaders even invited Niarobi to join them at Girl's Camp this week!
I have been pondering this week on the Spirit and how I can recognize it better. I have often wondered at times when I follow the Spirit and nothing happens, if it was truly a prompting or my own thoughts. I found comfort in the 20th and 21st Chapter of Alma. Aaron is prompted to go teach the Amalekites in their synagogues. As he does so, they reject him and the words he shares. He leaves, staying faithful despite the rejection. I believe that at this point, a lot of us would question what we had just done and if it was truly from God. However, Aaron never did. He continued on, acting on the promptings that he received and went to teach a King, converting him and all of his kingdom. I believe that God was trying his faith in order to bless him with this amazing miracle.
I love you all so incredibly much. 
I am proud of the missionary work that you are all doing. Keep it up! 
No effort is ever wasted!
Sincerely, Sister Matheson
 Pics:
My new Comp. Sister Morrow



Sister Morrow and I

With Niarobi and Felicia

Ft Lauderdale Temple
Florida mail boxes though...
Sister Morrow is allergic to milk so we have fun finding Dairy free desserts. Don't judge!


No comments:

Post a Comment