Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission // April 2014-October 2015

Monday, March 30, 2015

Week 52

My Birthday was so amazing!!!!!!!
Thank you all for the love you sent my way. It was greatly appreciated. On my B-day we had a Specialized Training for half of the South Zones of the mission. I was sung "Happy Birthday" along with all the other Birthday babies from March. We also went to Moonlite Diner and Got a referral for another Church....
#missionlife . 

Our 14 year old investigator, *N*, is set to be baptized this Tuesday, the 31st. We showed up at their door on Sunday morning and she told us she wasn't going to make it to church. We didn't take that for an answer. We told them the importance of coming to church in order for her to prepare for her baptism and she got ready right then to come. She even brought one of her friends with her who agreed to come to her baptism.

We got a phone call from one of our members saying that he had someone for us to teach. He had been in the line at a grocery store and started bearing his testimony about how the church he attended was the SAME church that Jesus Christ established when he was on the earth. We met up with that man and the member yesterday and the man agreed to read the Book of Mormon and have us back over to say a prayer with him.

We were going to visit a part member family and prayed to be able to meet new people as we walked to their house. When we got out of the car I noticed a woman sitting on the porch of a nearby house. We went right up to her and when we offered to give her a picture of Jesus Christ and say a prayer with her she started crying, telling us that she knew that we were coming to help her when she saw us get out of the car. She accepted a return appointment. (She also told us that she has been dealing with depression so Sister Morrow and I were able to connect with her).

I studied in Joseph Smith history today. I loved the part where he was praying with all the energy of his heart and how he continued to pray, even when the adversary was so strong. It was only because he continued to pray faithfully that he was able to see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. 

Funny/weird moment of the week: 
While driving past the local cemetery, I looked over and noticed two nuns, dressed in all white, taking "selfies" by some grave sites...? Normal? I think not. 

Love you all!!!

Sincerely, Sister Matheson
Pics:
The sisters decorated for my Birthday!

Love my dad's art work

Birthday in a box

Happy 20th Birthday!

South Zone
 
 
Friday FroYo

My favorite place on earth (besides Good Earth of coarse)


"Birthday Cake" flavored gum

Our little "tea Party"

Sister Morrow and I

No comments:

Post a Comment