Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission // April 2014-October 2015

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Week 50

Transfer call was last night and........

I'M STAYING IN HOLLYWOOD NORTH! I'm super excited too because Sister Torralba is staying in Hollywood Hills West so we still get to live in the same house. Too bad Sister Heacock is transferring...I've really LOVED this trio!:)

Our Recent Convert (in Hollywood Hills Ward), Julia, had a session of Chemo right after her Baptism. We couldn't meet with her for a week, but when it was finally ok for us to go see her she let us know of one of the biggest miracles I've ever witnessed on my mission. Before she was baptized and when they first found the cancer, her tumor was over 5 cm. When she went in next it had gone down to 2 cm and after her baptism THEY COULDN'T EVEN FIND IT!!! God definitely is a God of Miracles. 

We've been teaching our investigator, Felicia, and her daughter Niarobi. They recognize the need for baptism and they are definitely Elect because they came to Stake Conference. Afterwards we talked to them about how they liked it. 
They accepted baptism for the 4th of April

On Wednesday we were hungry and decided to stop at Tijuana Flats to grab something to eat. The girl who took my order got all excited and told me that she was actually a member who was less active. She told us that she had been wanting to come back and asked us where the local building was. As I paid she said, "hold on a second. My manager has been wanting to know more about the church". When they both came over, the first thing he said was, "do you have a Book of Mormon". 
"Of course", we said. He then told us that he had been to the Temple Open house with his family and LOVED it. Such a tender mercy. God works in mysterious ways. 

I found a scripture this week while looking at cross references in 
the Book of Mormon. 
It is 1Peter 3:15 "But Sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" 

I love you all!!!!

Sincerely, Sister Matheson
Pics of the Week:

Elder from Trinidad at our P-day activity

Smoothies from the Farmers Market

My Indian pants from the Farmers Market

Sisters with Bindi's

With Sister Davidson

Sister Davidson is awesome
Friday FroYo's are the BEST!
Chillin' with the Elders after Stake Conference
Getting ready for work at Deseret Book (someday) 
Twinning with Sister T
I'm gonna miss these girls!

My 11 Month Picture!

My new boyfriend
 
Trio by a Mural

No comments:

Post a Comment